yoga CLASSES at Kalani HAWAII
We're happy to offer private, group, and family yoga classes with our very own yoga teacher Amanda Thum of OManda Yoga (www.OMandayoga.com). Amanda is a certified Vinyasa teacher who offers classes on a flexible schedule. She holds a nonjudgmental, happy space for all guests to come and practice, right here in our stunning gardens! (These classes are not included in the cost of lodging, but Amanda aims to make her classes affordable and accessible for all; see pricing on her website.)
There's so much more to the North Shore than just phenomenal beaches and world class waves. Tour a pineapple farm, swim with schools of tropical fish, visit historic Hale'iwa town and grab some shave ice from Matsumoto's while shopping, ride horseback through the jungle of Pūpūkea mountain, hike the La'ie summit, or experience Hawaii's historic culture at the Polynesian Cultural Center. On this page you'll find links to the major attractions - as well as some of our favorites - that you can use as a guide while staying with us.
Want more in depth information for the area as well as a calendar of events? You'll find a teal book in your room from Seek Spot, Oahu's guest guidebook. Be sure to check them out online as well so you can plan ahead and grab coupons!
Click any of the photos to learn more.
Do you love fishing? Here is a typical catch for the day from our 13 year old 'local boy' son, Kalani!
Here are some more links for more fun activities on the North Shore:
- Oahu State Parks - Pull on your hiking boots and explore Hawaii's natural beauty via our state parks.
- Oahu Hiking - Love hiking? This site will show you all the best hikes on Oahu.
- Waiamea Farmer's Market - (Thursdays; 3:00pm-7:00pm) A farmers market of our local homestead families offering fresh produce, flowers, plants and delicious food.
- Kahuku Farms - Tour a North Shore farm & enjoy farm fresh smoothies! (as well as a beautiful drive down the east side).
- Kahuku Golf Course - Laid back and situated right on the ocean, this 9 hole golf course is as challenging as it is beautiful due to it's unique location.
- Kahuku Sugar Mill - Built in 1893 this former sugar mill is now home to a museum and surrounded by famous food trucks.
- Deep Blue Hawaii - Spearfishing charters for those who love diving and fishing.
- North Shore Sport Fishing - Fancy staying dry while you wrangle in that Mahi? North Shore Sport Fishing's got you covered.
- Shaka Kayaks - Explore the cool blue waters of the Pacific in a glass bottom kayak with this eco-friendly company.
- Queens Open Market - (Sundays; 1:00pm-5:00pm) A local farmers market on the historic Liliuokalani Church grounds.
- Waialua Sugar Mill - Once a bustling center when the sugar trade was strong on the North Shore, now it houses local shops and world famous surfboard shaper's factories as well as a farmer's market on Saturdays from 8:30am-12:00pm.
- Island Photo Tours - For photography enthusiasts, amateurs to professionals, tour Hawaii's best spots and snap your photos along the way.
- Mr. Bill's Original Glider Rides - Get a bird's eye view of the beautiful North Shore.
- North Shore Catamaran - Cruise the glistening Pacific and enjoy all she has to offer - from snorkeling to sunsets, moon cruises to whale watching.
- North Shore Surf Bus - See it all and do it all with the North Shore Surf Bus! Sight seeing, snorkeling, bike riding, or hiking, whatever you like, they'll take you there.
- Van's Triple Crown - Three of the most spectacular professional surf contests, held every year on Oahu's North Shore. Plus many other international surfing competitions throughout the entire winter season.
- Wanderlust Festival - A yoga celebration including classes by the world's top yoga instructors, musical acts, speakers, chefs, and performers.
- Hawaii Polo Club - You've never experienced polo quite like this. Tailgate beside the ocean, watch an exciting match, and enjoy live music after.
- Annual Da Hui Paddle Race - Every 4th of July come watch hundreds of competitors battle it out in the world's largest stand up paddle board (SUP) race!
- Hale'iwa Arts Festival - An annual arts festival that celebrates our islands most exquisite artists.
- Hawaii Canoe Racing Championships - An annual regatta of an ancient sport, as Hawaiian as Haupia Pie.
- North Shore Triathlon Events - Triathlons including rough water swims & cycling. If triathlons are your thing, what better backdrop than beautiful Hawaii?
- North Shore Lifeguard Training - Witness some of the world's most skilled watermen train to save lives and keep the ocean safe.
- Annual Hanapa's Fishing Tournament - Get involved or enjoy watching the action at Hale'iwa Harbor.